Friday 28 December 2007

A late Happy Christmas to you all!

I'm writing this from my hotel room in Whistler. I decided to come up for the holidays after all and got really lucky with a good deal on a room at the last minute! It's kind of strange being away from home for Christmas but we're having a great time up here. The snowfall is AWESOME!!!

You'll be pleased to hear that I decided against trying to ski. Trying to control both my feet at the same time is something I feel is best reserved for when I'm walking or biking. Not on snow! So I've been out boarding. I rented a complete (beginner) set (board, boots, bindings, leash) for the 2 weeks even though I don't think I'll be able to do this every day for two weeks! It's not been that expensive actually, my pass has been the bit that took me by surprise! a 10 day ticket (I figure I can do some low level stuff the days I don't want to head up onto the main runs) cost me $530!!! I can't get used to the Canadian dollar being worth more than the US dollar. Weird. 

Anyhow, everything else is pretty cheap.  Food and drink is about the same as eating out back home and up here there are all sorts of characters to hang around with. We met a guy at lunch today whos just kind of dropped out of society. He's spent the last year traveling to all these crazy places trying out different sports and just chilling. Nice work if you can get it! Anyhow, tuns out he's a really good guy. He's offered to show us a few places off the route map so we'll head out with him in a day or two and see what else this place has to offer. I can't believe I've never been here with my bike!

The exercise has kind of dropped off a little while I've been here but I figure with all the outdor stuff that's been going on I got to be doing ok. Obviously I'm not in as much control of what I eat (I tell you, there are some good burgers up here!) but I'm trying. I weighed myself tonight and I'm pretty impressed. I haven't put anything ON it's just I haven't lost as much as I did previously. Hey, plenty of time to get back into it in the new year, right?

Well, it's time for bed. It's 3am here and we'll be out at 7 again to try and beat the crush. Nothing like a sub zero start when it's still dark to make you wonder what you're doing here!

I hope you all had a great Christmas.

Until next time!

Current stats

Weight - 249 pounds
Chest - 46" ???
Waist - 35"

(I had to buy a new pair of jeans when I got here, my old 501's just kept falling down! Can't believe it's only been a month!)

No comments: