Sunday 9 December 2007

Christmas shopping adventures

I started the nightmare that is shopping for Christmas this weekend. I drove 2 hours in each direction to do it! It's not like I had to, there are closer places to shop. I just wanted to take a bit of a break from my front step. You know? I forget how much of a shock it can be when you're from a small town and you go to a big shopping mall at a busy time. Wow. People. But aside from a couple of bruises to my legs (strollers are not weapons, people!) and a slightly dented credit card balance, I made out ok.

Never having been a good gift shopper I wasn't sure what to get for people so after a bit of digging around on Google (I'm getting to be a Google fiend!) I found a service on Yahoo.com which was a huge help in coming up with a list for everyone. You can find it here:

http://shopping.yahoo.com/giftfinder/

I hope it helps you as much as it helped me!

My exercise has been going well. I've been mixing up the workouts to stop my body getting used to a particular way of doing things. So far the results seem really good. I know it's always the same at the start of a new program but it's not normally been so noticeable before. My stats are improving really quickly, at this rate I'll be at my ideal weight a lot sooner than I expected!

The office is getting crazy. Everyone seems to have started shutting down already, and we still have just over two weeks to go so as you can imagine, this isn't good for productivity. At least I'm able to focus on my accounts with no problems though, with the office being quieter I can make calls pretty much all day now and my figures are looking awesome!

Heading to the bar with Tom, Oz and Pete tonight. They're insisting I join them for the trivia quiz. If nothing else it'll be entertaining to see just how badly we can do against the other teams. And they have Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale at last! Oh yes, I'm going to have me some of that!

Until next time.

Current stats
Height - 6' (I think I'm going to stop posting this, it's not like it'll change!)
weight - 263 pounds
chest - 46"
waist - 38"

Things are working out great with my... ummm... working out... I can wear my favorite pants again!

No comments: