Friday 30 November 2007

It hurts!

But I'm hoping it's worth it.

Since my last post I've been doing an awful lot of digging online trying to find some advice or a workout plan that can't fail to make me lose a large chunk of this fat I'm carrying around with me. Well, I found one! It's called the 'Turbulence Training' and it's been reviewed in Mens Health, Mens Fitness magazine and a couple of other places and seems to have gotten everyone really fired up! And if those guys are taking it seriously (with their access to flash gyms and personal trainers) then its got to work for me as well, right?

We don't have many gyms in this area and the ones we have are of the Boxing type than the 24 Hour Fitness type. No juice bars or lap pools here. All my fitness efforts will have to be at home or on the bike so I needed something that would work that way or that I could adapt to work for wherever I was. The great thing about the plan I'm on now is that I can take any of the exercises and techniques featured and put them to use pretty much anywhere. Perfect! So I've been using it for a couple of days now and I'm feeling sore in places I'd forgotten existed. It's hard work but it's got to be worth it!

So my goal is to lose 5lbs this month and 5lbs every month until I reach my 'ideal' weight. Anything more than that is a bonus! I'll keep this blog updated with how I'm doing. And everything else of course.

Wish me luck!

Current stats (no laughing!)

Height - 6'
weight - 270 pounds
chest - 46"
Waist - 40"

No comments: